Whether you are a small business owner, a stay-at-home parent, or simply someone wanting to work in the healthcare industry, taking essential medical training is important. Indeed, it is a valuable, cost-effective asset that proves itself useful in situations where saving a life is involved. If you have never participated in an essential medical training program, it is a great way to start. Here is everything you need to know about it, including its price!
Essential medical training: its advantages!
If you ask anyone who has taken essential medical training, they will tell you it is worth it. Having this knowledge is helpful in various situations:
- Providing appropriate care : one will say the primary advantage of essential medical training is that it helps save lives. While this is true, that is not all of its scopes. With the training, not only are you able to save someone’s life when they are in danger, but you can also reduce their recovery time. It can make a difference in the sense that it can prevent long-term disability. During the course of the training, you learn to stay calm and act fast in the face of emergency situations. Additionally, you learn to be effective, comfortable, and in control.
- Preventing situations from escalating : sometimes, patients’ conditions become critical when they don’t receive elementary first aid care. That is why essential medical training becomes important. You learn how to be responsive and act immediately, to prevent their conditions from escalating.
With this training, you become knowledgeable and are equipped with adequate tools to stabilize a patient until the emergency team arrives.
Who can take essential medical training?
When it comes to who can take essential medical training, t
he answer is pretty simple:
- Adult caregivers
- Nursing home employees
- Nurses and people working in the healthcare field
- Correction officers
- Flight attendants
- Daycare staff, etc.
It is necessary to know what to do in an emergency situation. This way, you can act fast and save someone else’s life, should the need arise.
How much does it cost to take essential medical training?
The price of essential medical training varies. Depending on the program you choose, this is how much you can spend:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): its price ranges from $40 to $60.
- Basic Life Support: it ranges from $60 to $80
- First Aid: the price of this essential medical training starts at $35. However, it can go up to $150, depending on whether you are focusing on an adult or pediatric first aid, or if you associate the training with CPR and AED.
- Bloodborne Pathogens: this medical training equips you to act in case of patients’ bleeding. Its price ranges between $30 to $35.
It is important to know that the list of these essential medical training is not exhaustive. There are many other courses available, with their own prices. It is, therefore, necessary to ensure that the training you want to do matches your needs or the requirements of your work. Additionally, it is recommended to enroll in essential medical training from a reliable source!
Where to take essential medical training?
Everyone should learn first aid, to be able to help people in danger. Now you need to know where you can get this training. For this, there are several possibilities:
- At the Red Cross: when we talk about first aid training, we immediately think of the Red Cross. This organization allows anyone who wishes to do so, to be able to appreciate an emergency situation, and to bring the necessary help, in order to help the person in suffering to wait for the help. The different situations that we learn to manage at the red cross are: cardiac malaise, cardiac arrest (use of a defibrillator), unconsciousness, bleeding and choking.
- At the fire department: you can be trained in life-saving techniques. Indeed, the fire department offers to citizens aged 10 years or more, training in prevention and first aid level 1 (PSC1). This training is quite quick and lasts only 7 hours. However, during this day, learners are trained to adopt the right reflexes in case of an emergency situation. To take a PSC1 training, look for an interesting website where you can find out where to take this training near you.
- Civil security training organizations: in order to make essential medical training accessible to all, the State has given approval to certain training centers to do so. These training centers offer different certifying courses according to your expectations. There are several certificates such as the national certificate of safety and aquatic rescue, the certificate of lifeguard. You can therefore follow an essential medical training with fillmed.com.
- Learn first aid on the internet: if you don’t have enough free time to take an essential medical training course in person, you can sign up for a free online first aid course. These courses are often provided by accredited organizations or universities. During these training sessions, theoretical instruction is provided to teach learners the proper reactions to emergency situations, as well as the actions to be taken to rescue victims. In addition to the actions to be taken in emergency situations, learners are regularly trained on their ability to listen, communicate in a reassuring and clear manner.
By taking an essential medical course, you will learn all the useful gestures to apply when you find yourself in front of people who are victims of an accident, a fire or any other emergency situation. However, in order for you to be able to put this knowledge into practice, you must combine it with a good sense of composure and empathy.